Leprino Foods Company, the World’s Largest Manufacturer of Mozzarella Cheese, has an immediate opening for General Labor Positions at its Tracy facility. Leprino Foods – Tracy currently processes three million pounds of milk a day. We produce more than 400,000 lbs. of cheese per day. We are a union plant and currently have over 300 employees. Leprino Foods is currently located in nine locations across the United States – three are in California.
Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
We are seeking a Processing Supervisor to help us continue our successful trend in the global cheese and nutrition markets through quality of product and food safety at our Tracy, California production facility.
We Ask Of You To:
- Supervise the daily shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met, initiate maintenance work orders to minimize production downtime, and oversee the sanitation program effectiveness to ensure food safety standards are met in the department.
- Provide guidance and direction to a team of hourly employees in the Processing Department.
- Build an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing employees.
- Plan and schedule daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure production needs are met.
- Lead and coach team by implementing programs in technical training, safety, quality, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee engagement and productivity.
- Build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration within the team, and a positive work environment.
- Recommend and implement cost savings and quality improvements to improve labor and manufacturing efficiencies.
We Offer You in Return:
- Competitive salaries with equally competitive performance bonuses and relocation packages!
- 401(k) along with a lucrative annual Profit Sharing plan – we hire to retire!
- Tuition reimbursement, award recognitions, merit increases, and outstanding health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in Tracy, CA, with a population of 85,000, a short drive to both Stockton and Modesto, and just sixty miles east of San Francisco. Tracy is centrally located between all the National Parks to the east and the beautiful Bay area to the west.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Dairy Technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in food manufacturing environment.
- One (1) plus year of experience leading, mentoring, and delegating work to others.
- Proficient computer knowledge, with familiarity or ability to learn SAP or other manufacturing computer systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning/time management skills and balancing of resources.
- Working knowledge of food safety and sanitation practices.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Dairy or cheese manufacturing experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment.
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide family of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another. Apply today to learn more about our processing career path.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.