Within our Fort Morgan, CO manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified ProductionSupervisor on our Cheese team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Use your natural leadership ability daily to build, lead, mentor, develop, and grow highly functioning teams of up to 40 hourly individuals.
- Provide direction to all Cheese Production employees on shift to ensure production schedules are met, quality standards are achieved, equipment is maintained, and employees are accurately trained and working in a safe manner and environment.
- Assure that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Maintain high productivity and cost effectiveness through proper scheduling of production and processing operations, maintenance, and workforce planning.
- Demonstrate leadership by implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee efficiency.
- Implement and enforce plant safety programs to ensure a safe working environment.
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career – it’s yours to grow if you’re willing to put the work in.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Chemical Engineering, OR equivalent work experience.
- Two (2) years of previous experience as a supervisor, superintendent, or manager in a food, beverage, chemical, or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- The ability to perform shift work in a 24/7 operational plant (the milk never stops coming).
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Bachelor's or Master’s in Food or Dairy Science, Food Technology, or Chemical Engineering including four (4) years as a production supervisor in a dairy manufacturing facility (cheese, yogurt, cream, or milk).
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering you in return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
- At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically ranges between $80,000 and $96,000.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
This position performs a variety of duties. The General Laborer will inspect cheese quality, inspect packaging, package the cheese, ensure packaging quality, and perform sanitation of work area and equipment.
All other duties as assigned.
We Ask of You To:
The position reports to the Packaging Supervisor. No employees report to the position.
The General Labor employee is responsible for the safe operation of the associated equipment and/or processes, the quality of incoming raw materials, the quality of the outgoing products in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safe work practices. This position is also responsible for maintaining 5S standards, and participating in and implementing continuous improvement.
The General Laborer must be able to communicate effectively in relaying information to team members, team leads, supervisors, and managers as applicable.
The General Laborer must be able to lift moderate weights repeatedly throughout the shift. The position holder is also required to stand/walk throughout the shift and must have the ability to work in hot, humid, and cold areas. The General Laborer must be able to work overtime and holidays when required. The operator must be able to read/write and perform basic arithmetic in order to understand the S.O.P.’s, Good Manufacturing Practices, and safe work practices.
The General Labor employee must be able to understand the requirements of the position and successfully demonstrate proficiency in the job specific PSOP job certification.
This position is responsible and accountable to ensure product meets food safety, regulatory, and quality requirements by following the Food Safety Plan, Quality Plan, and company policies.
This position requires the incumbent to work on site at the facility to be able to perform the associated job responsibilities.