Provides clerical support to the assigned department(s).
The Department Clerk reports to the Department Manager or Sr. Supervisor. This position requires the incumbent to maintain security and confidentiality of documents and information.
The Department Clerk is responsible for organizing, prioritizing and accomplishing assigned clerical tasks with minimal supervision required. The position involves prioritizing tasks and paying attention to details in order to ensure that all work assignments receive proper follow-up and are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
The position requires the incumbent to feed cheese and load cheese, fold bags, rework, re-dice, and perform general housekeeping duties at the production facility.
Exempt Employees 38
Non-Exempt Employees 350
Labor Relations Non-union
Operating Environment 24/7/365
NATURE AND SCOPE
The position reports to the Processing Supervisor. The Processing Line Attendant must be able to read and write, and perform basic mathematical functions in order to understand standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices and safety policies. The job holder will need to identify quality concerns and keep the supervisor/foreperson informed of any issues.
The Processing Line Attendant must be capable of effectively communicating information vital to the efficient processing of product in the Processing Department. Must display recognition of quality control problems such as soft cheese, extraneous, and proper blend considerations. The Processing Line Attendant stands/walks throughout the shift. The position requires lifting weights up to 45 pounds throughout the day, bulk load same day dice (S.D.D.) if necessary, unwrap plastic from cheese blocks, and dump tubs of cheese into the rework auger.
Leprino Foods, the dairy industry’s best-kept secret has been a family-owned and Denver-based company since 1950. We hold a couple of titles including the nation’s largest cheese company and also the world’s largest producer of mozzarella; the most popular cheese used on pizzas throughout the globe. From three individuals in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 13 global locations earning more than $3 billion in annual revenue.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
The Operations Supervisor with coaching and guidance from plant leadership, the Operations Supervisor will gain in-depth knowledge of all production processes from start-up to shut-down, and is expected to be able to make solid decisions pertaining to product quality, safety, and efficiencies for their applicable department rotation. As part of their development process, Operations Supervisors are also responsible for monitoring aspects of team performance throughout their rotation, including product testing, equipment operations, product inventories, and employee scheduling to meet production needs. The Operations Supervisor will assist in building an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing hourly team members when applicable.
We Ask You to:
Technical Training & Onboarding
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of production processes which assures that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Demonstrates developed people leadership skills in the production department rotation by supporting and implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Supervises daily shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met where needed.
- Achieves targeted production volumes for area of responsibility.
- Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance work orders to minimize production downtime.
- Helps to monitor team operations and makes recommendations for labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality improvements.
- Executes to the department’s financial performance goals to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
- Helps to implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
- Assists in leading and executing the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure production needs are met, with guidance.
- Leads and coaches team employees when applicable.
- Helps to build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration within the team and a positive work environment.
- Reinforces company and plant policies fairly and consistently.
- Ensures team employees have completed all required training.
- Responds to employee questions and concerns.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience leading, mentoring, and/or delegating work to others , with 5+ years of experience in food manufacturing environment and/or additional education substituting experience where applicable.
- Proficient computer knowledge, with familiarity or ability to learn SAP or other manufacturing computer systems
- College Degree in Food Science, Dairy Technology or related field
- Dairy/Cheese Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com