Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Allendale, MI manufacturing facility (non-union) we are seeking a Relief Production Supervisor on our Cheese operations team to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask Of You To:
- Provide direction to all Cheese Production employees on shift to ensure production schedules are met, quality standards are achieved, equipment is maintained, and employees are properly trained and working in a safe manner and environment.
- Assure that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Maintain high productivity and cost effectiveness through proper scheduling of production and processing operations, maintenance, and manpower.
- Demonstrate leadership by implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Implement and adhere to plant safety programs to ensure a safe working environment.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in the greater Grand Rapids, MI area: a city of 1.3 million people (metro area), ten minutes from the splendor of Lake Michigan with its enchanting lighthouses, boating scene, festivals, restaurants, shopping, and wineries, and home to Grand Valley State University; Michigan’s fastest growing university with over 24,000 students.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Production Management or related field; or five (5) years of food manufacturing experience.
- Two (2) years supervisory/leadership experience in a food or beverage manufacturing plant.
- The ability to perform shift work in a 24/7 operational plant.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, or Food Technology AND four (4) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in a 24/7 continuous flow food or beverage manufacturing plant.
- Dairy (Yogurt, Cheese, Cream, or Milk) production experience.
- Continuous improvement management process such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with HACCP, GMP, CIP/COP, PPE.