Leprino Foods, located on the boarder of NY and PA, is looking for a Warehouse Forklift Operator with experience on a stand up lift, racking, and computer data entry. This position is responsible for the knowledge of warehousing operations, familiarization with production operations/requirements, corporate and governmental policies, computer reports and safety procedures & policies. They diagnose operating problems and maintain forklift check sheets; perform preventive and routine warehouse functions; enter data in company database; and perform custodial duties as necessary.
This is a full time position with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, profit sharing, 401k, and more! This position is on second shift. Because we produce dairy products, we operate 24/7 - weekends, holidays, and nights are required. The pay rate is $22.92, hourly.
The Bulk Packaging role performs a variety of duties to include: inspecting cheese quality, inspecting bulk packaging, packaging the cheese, ensuring packaging quality, rework, and performing general housekeeping duties. This is an entry level position and individuals must be willing and able to learn various operator rolls in the Waverly facility for career advancement.
Leprino Foods is a 24/7 operating facility and employee must be willing and able to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift. After training is complete, new hires will be assigned a regular schedule on the next available shift. Typically, new hires are assigned to 3rd shift.
This role is a full-time position, eligible for all employment benefits including, but not limited to: 40 hours vacation every 6 months which increases with tenure, 56 paid sick hours annually, health insurances, 401k and profit sharing. The starting hourly rate for this role is $20.13 and it is non-exempt.
Within our Waverly, NY manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified CheeseDepartmentManager (Internally: Manager II level role) on our plant leadership team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Use your natural leadership ability daily to build, lead, mentor, develop, and grow highly functioning teams of five production supervisors (including a non-exempt workforce of almost 100 production techs) within our cheese department.
- Provides leadership in the Cheese Department by implementing and maintaining programs in technical training, safety, quality, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Actively leads the processes for performance management, employee development and engagement.
- Builds and fosters strong working relationships, collaborative teams and a positive work environment.
- Implements company and plant policies fairly and consistently.
- Leads the Cheese Production Process to assure the highest quality finished products that meet company and customer specifications and government regulations.
- Maintains high productivity and cost effectiveness through accurate scheduling production operations, maintenance, and workforce.
- Ensures production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and Corporate standards.
- Owns the departments financial performance to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
- Is responsible for the department safety program to ensure a safe working environment by setting the standards for safety involvement and accountability.
- Handles the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Responsible for the sanitation program efficiency to ensure food safety standards are met in the department.
- Become a technical subject matter authority in pasta filata (stretched curd) cheese production. We will teach you food and dairy if you come from a different manufacturing industry!
We’d Love To Hear From You If You:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Chemical Engineering, or related subject area.
- Eight (8) years of previous experience as a superintendent, senior supervisor, department manager, or production manager in a food or beverage manufacturing facility.
- Direct leadership experience over supervisors.
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We Hope You Also Have:
- A Master’s in Food or Dairy Science, Food Technology, or Chemical Engineering including ten (10) years as a production leader in a dairy manufacturing facility (milk, cream, etc.) with at least four years in cheese production.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering you in return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?