Are you a highly energized, enthusiastic, safety minded worker? Leprino Foods Company in Waverly, NY is looking for maintenance mechanics for our 2nd or 3rd shifts.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for installing, disassembling, repairing, and maintaining equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for the safe repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation systems, the calibration of instruments, and performing mechanical, preventive, and predictive maintenance. This position participates on the hazmat response team.
The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for the safe operation of the associated equipment and/or processes, the quality of incoming raw materials, the quality of the outgoing products in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safe work practices. This position is also responsible for participating in and implementing continuous improvement.
Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Waverly, NY manufacturing facility, we are seeking a Maintenance Manager on our Production Maintenance team to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask Of You To:
- Manages the maintenance process by establishing, validating and managing PM processes and predictive maintenance to assure maximum equipment uptime to meet company and customer specifications and government regulations.
- Maintains high productivity and cost effectiveness through proper scheduling of maintenance operations and workforce.
- Provides leadership in the Maintenance Department by implementing and maintaining programs in technical training, safety, quality, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Develop and manage the Maintenance Department budget within established guidelines ensuring financial objectives are met.
- Leads the Maintenance Department’s safety program to ensure a safe working environment.
- Manages the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Oversees the sanitation program effectiveness to ensure food safety standards are met in the department.
We Offer You in Return:
- Competitive salaries with equally competitive performance bonuses and relocation packages!
- 401(k) along with a lucrative annual Profit Sharing plan – we hire to retire!
- Tuition reimbursement, award recognitions, merit increases, and outstanding health/dental/vision benefits.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- College degree in Engineering or related field.
- Six (6) years of overall experience in manufacturing.
- Four (4) years of progressive leadership experience.
- Knowledge of equipment theory and history, electrical operations, advanced process controls, power generation, hydraulics, ammonia and/or other refrigeration processes, pneumatics, thermodynamics, welding, machining, food processing and sanitation, maintenance scheduling.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in a continuous flow food or beverage manufacturing plant.
- Dairy (Yogurt, Cheese, Cream, or Milk) production experience.
- Continuous improvement management process such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
Join our team! Leprino Foods Company in Waverly, NY is looking for dependable, high energy, safe minded employees!
Cheese Bulk Packaging position performs a variety of duties and requires responsibility for inspecting cheese quality, inspecting bulk packaging, packaging the cheese, ensuring packaging quality, rework, and performing general housekeeping duties.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.