Click column header to sort
Leprino Foods, located on the boarder of NY and PA, is looking for a Warehouse Forklift Operator with experience on a stand up lift, racking, and computer data entry. This position is responsible for the knowledge of warehousing operations, familiarization with production operations/requirements, corporate and governmental policies, computer reports and safety procedures & policies. They diagnose operating problems and maintain forklift check sheets; perform preventive and routine warehouse functions; enter data in company database; and perform custodial duties as necessary.
This is a full time position with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, profit sharing, 401k, and more! This position is on second shift. Because we produce dairy products, we operate 24/7 - weekends, holidays, and nights are required. The pay rate is $22.92, hourly.
This position provides guidance and direction to a team of Maintenance Technicians in the Maintenance department. Makes strategic and sound decisions pertaining to equipment maintenance, department safety, and department efficiency for team. Monitors maintenance activities of team related to production processes, controls systems, utilities, and overall plant facilities to maximize equipment uptime, plant efficiencies, product quality, safety, and cost control. Monitors completion of preventative maintenance, schedules and emergency equipment maintenance, and employee actions. Builds an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing direct reports.
Are you a highly energized, enthusiastic, safety minded worker? Leprino Foods Company in Waverly, NY is looking for maintenance mechanics for our 2nd or 3rd shifts.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for installing, disassembling, repairing, and maintaining equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for the safe repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation systems, the calibration of instruments, and performing mechanical, preventive, and predictive maintenance. This position participates on the hazmat response team (which requires candidate to be clean-shaven for the respirator to fit properly).
The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for the safe operation of the associated equipment and/or processes, the quality of incoming raw materials, the quality of the outgoing products in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safe work practices. This position is also responsible for participating in and implementing continuous improvement.
Within our Waverly, NY manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified CheeseDepartmentManager (Internally: Manager II level role) on our plant leadership team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Use your natural leadership ability daily to build, lead, mentor, develop, and grow highly functioning teams of five production supervisors (including a non-exempt workforce of almost 100 production techs) within our cheese department.
- Provides leadership in the Cheese Department by implementing and maintaining programs in technical training, safety, quality, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Actively leads the processes for performance management, employee development and engagement.
- Builds and fosters strong working relationships, collaborative teams and a positive work environment.
- Implements company and plant policies fairly and consistently.
- Leads the Cheese Production Process to assure the highest quality finished products that meet company and customer specifications and government regulations.
- Maintains high productivity and cost effectiveness through accurate scheduling production operations, maintenance, and workforce.
- Ensures production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and Corporate standards.
- Owns the departments financial performance to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
- Is responsible for the department safety program to ensure a safe working environment by setting the standards for safety involvement and accountability.
- Handles the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Responsible for the sanitation program efficiency to ensure food safety standards are met in the department.
- Become a technical subject matter authority in pasta filata (stretched curd) cheese production. We will teach you food and dairy if you come from a different manufacturing industry!
We’d Love To Hear From You If You:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Chemical Engineering, or related subject area.
- Eight (8) years of previous experience as a superintendent, senior supervisor, department manager, or production manager in a food or beverage manufacturing facility.
- Direct leadership experience over supervisors.
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We Hope You Also Have:
- A Master’s in Food or Dairy Science, Food Technology, or Chemical Engineering including ten (10) years as a production leader in a dairy manufacturing facility (milk, cream, etc.) with at least four years in cheese production.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering you in return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
The Operations Supervisor with coaching and guidance from plant leadership, the Operations Supervisor will gain in-depth knowledge of all production processes from start-up to shut-down, and is expected to be able to make solid decisions pertaining to product quality, safety, and efficiencies for their applicable department rotation. As part of their development process, Operations Supervisors are also responsible for monitoring aspects of team performance throughout their rotation, including product testing, equipment operations, product inventories, and employee scheduling to meet production needs. The Operations Supervisor will assist in building an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing hourly team members when applicable.
We Ask You to:
Technical Training & Onboarding
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of production processes which assures that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Demonstrates developed people leadership skills in the production department rotation by supporting and implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Supervises daily shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met where needed.
- Achieves targeted production volumes for area of responsibility.
- Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance work orders to minimize production downtime.
- Helps to monitor team operations and makes recommendations for labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality improvements.
- Executes to the department’s financial performance goals to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
- Helps to implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
- Assists in leading and executing the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure production needs are met, with guidance.
- Leads and coaches team employees when applicable.
- Helps to build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration within the team and a positive work environment.
- Reinforces company and plant policies fairly and consistently.
- Ensures team employees have completed all required training.
- Responds to employee questions and concerns.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience leading, mentoring, and/or delegating work to others , with 5+ years of experience in food manufacturing environment and/or additional education substituting experience where applicable.
- Proficient computer knowledge, with familiarity or ability to learn SAP or other manufacturing computer systems
- College Degree in Food Science, Dairy Technology or related field
- Dairy/Cheese Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com